By Juliet Linderman Associated Press Published 6:24 PM EST Dec 11, 2018 WASHINGTON — The Senate voted overwhelmingly Tuesday for a sweeping agriculture bill that will fund key farm safety net programs for the next five years without making significant changes to the food stamp program. The vote was 87-13 with Montana Sens. Steve Daines, a Republican, and Democrat Jon Tester voting yea. The House is expected to pass the measure soon and send it to President Donald Trump for his signature. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell brought the bill up for a quick vote Tuesday, less than one day after the House and Senate reached an agreement on the final text. The measure is the result of months of negotiations, and does not make any significant changes — despite pressure from President Donald Trump — to the food stamp program that serves nearly 40 million low-income Americans. “This is what happens when the Congress works in a bipartisan, bicameral fashion,” said Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts, R-Kan., ahead of the vote. “It’s a good bill that accomplishes what we set out to do: provide certainty and predictability for farmers and families in rural communities.” The legislation sets federal agricultural and food… Read full this story
- The Best First Ride to Montana - Leg 2 - Walla Walla, WA to Missoula, MT 317 Miles
- Worker's Compensation Insurance Rules in Montana Cause a Problem
- Farm Succession Planning is Passing Down the Farm, Right?
- WoW Gold Farming Tips to Make You Rich
- Doomsday farm family were speaking in ‘fantasy language’ when rescued
- 'Coyote Whacking' Legal in Wyoming, Lawmakers Don't Seem To Care
- The Latest: Johnson urges lawmakers to back 'excellent' deal
- Kansas lawmaker who left GOP running for Senate as Democrat
- Grand jury subpoenas former GOP lawmaker
- Uber, Lyft May Face Greater Federal Oversight, Lawmaker Warns
Montana lawmakers comment on farm bill have 288 words, post on eu.greatfallstribune.com at September 3, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.