Reading your report on six-year old Mohamed Bangoura being left stranded in Brussels on the instructions of our Home Office, unable to get back to his mother in UK, I was reminded of Donald Trump’s iniquitous immigration policies. Theresa May rightly described Trump’s separation of immigrant children from their parents as “deeply disturbing” and “wrong”. What lay behind the Home Office’s callous edict in this instance that a six-year old child should not be allowed to return to his mother? The answer is all too obvious: Theresa May’s very own deeply disturbing and wholly wrong “hostile environment” policy. D Maughan BrownYork The US separates children and parents who enter their country. The UK separates children from their parents when they leave their country of origin for a holiday by rescinding their passport. Which do we feel is more inhuman? No moral high ground for the UK here. John SinclairPocklington A new centre-left alliance is inevitable – and needed Given that – with the recent NEC elections – the hard left is now effectively in control of the Labour Party, the time is clearly ripe to form a centre left alliance which can operate independently. The Green Party, Lib Dems and… Read full this story
- 5 More People Shot In Brooklyn, Hours After 1-Year-Old Boy Gunned Down While Sitting In His Stroller
- Family of Canadian Child Stranded in Syria Files Lawsuit Against Government
- Moment vigilante paedophile hunters confronted pervert, 22, when he tried to meet '13-year-old girl' for sex at bus station as judge jails him for two years
- I took my 6-year-old out of school for 2 YEARS for a holiday – catching up on school work’s easy, everyone should do it
- I tandem breastfed my kids and still feed my four-year-old – I’ll only stop when she asks to
- EXCLUSIVE: Naya Rivera's heartbroken ex-husband Ryan Dorsey comforts their four-year-old son Josey after he was found alone on a boat with the Glee star missing - as 100 police continue tragic search of lake
- ‘One Of The Worst Cases Of Child Abuse’: Parents Sentenced To 27 Years In Prison, 24 Strokes Of The Cane For Killing 5-Year-Old
- 6-year-old boy praised by Anne Hathaway on social media for saving little sister from dog attack
- Mini Budget 2020: Rishi Sunak confirms £1,000 bonus for every firm that hires an 18-24 year-old trainee
- 18-year-olds in Vietnam – P1: Are they still kids to parents?
Letters: Leaving a six-year-old child stranded abroad brings shame on our country have 388 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.