Mumbai: The process of land acquisition in Maharashtra for the bullet train project, including in Palgarh district, would be completed by this year end, a top official of the NHSRCL said Saturday. He said a service road would also come up along the high speed corridor, save some section, for the use of the general public. “There were apprehensions in people’s mind and misconceptions. We have managed to clear those issues and win their trust….by December end we will be able to complete the acquisition process, said managing director of National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited Achal Khare. He was addressing a press conference at Virathan Khurd village in Palghar, one of the 73 project affected villages. Palghar has seen continued agitations surrounding land acquisition with villagers declining to part their lands for the project. However, an official of the project execution agency said 45 villages out of 73 in the district have given their consent to the land acquisition process. “There were apprehensions among the people that we would be acquiring 200 feet of land when the requirement is only 60 feet. We also engaged Marathi speaking officials to reach out to them and engage in conversations with them… Read full this story
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal indicates tightening of belt in bullet train project in post-COVID world
- Railways' two big ticket projects DFC, bullet train on track despite lockdown: Railway Board Chairman VK Yadav
- Will bullet train start running from 2023?
- Hanoi’s first metro to operate commercially by year-end
- Japan offers India $15 bln loan for bullet train in edge over China
- Uttar Pradesh government orders relocation of farmers in Jewar airport project
- Permitting process nearing completion for Texas Central high-speed rail
- Electronic City Metro work finally resumes after three years
- Oilserv commits to training, completes major projects
- Central vista project: 7 firms in race to build new Parliament
Land acquisition process for bullet train project in Maha to be completed by year end: Official have 298 words, post on news.abplive.com at September 1, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.