Snowdon Express Chairlift components sit at the K-1 parking lot at Killington Ski Resort on Thursday. (Robert Layman / Staff Photo) KILLINGTON — Vermont’s largest ski resort is busy completing what will be $25 million in improvements to its infrastructure, hoping the upgrades will draw more visitors in the coming ski seasons. Jordan Spear, marketing manager at Killington Ski Resort, said the company doesn’t release visitor statistics, but is expecting more visitors to the slopes. Last year, the company announced $16 million in planned improvements. Work on those, and another $9 million in projects, began this year, Spear said. “It’s possible some work will be ongoing when we initially open for skiing and riding, but (most will be) complete before the heart of our season,” Spear said. An additional 44,000 feet of new snow-making pipes will give snow-making capacity to two trails, Great Bear on Snowdon Mountain (a black diamond trail) and Pipe Dream, a blue square trail on South Ridge, will now have snow-making capability. The pipes run near trails and allow for snow-making equipment to be attached. Four new trail groomers have been purchased, Spear said. Two of them are normal groomers while one is equipped with a… Read full this story
- After one man had a heart attack, 911 calls went unanswered. Now his family is suing for $25 million.
- Hulu Draws in 25 Million Subscribers and Almost $1.5 Billion in Ad Revenue
- Mueller probe has cost taxpayers more than $25 million, spending report reveals
- Cost to Taxpayers of the Mueller Probe: Over $25 Million
- Sarah Sanders Blasts Mueller Probe: ‘More Than $25 Million’ For ‘Nothing’
- Jerome Corsi Files $25 Million Defamation Lawsuit Against Roger Stone
- CBS board agrees to $1.25-million Sumner Redstone lawsuit settlement
- Hulu hits 25 million subscribers and nearly $1.5 billion in ad revenue
- Delta CEO: Government shutdown tab $25 million and counting
- IRS awards Equifax $7.25 million contract to prevent fraud
Killington continues with investments totaling $25 million have 296 words, post on www.rutlandherald.com at September 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.