UPDATED with Fager statement: CBS News chief David Rhodes issued a statement Wednesday announcing that Jeff Fager , longtime division exec and current executive producer of 60 Minutes , was stepping down "effective immediately." Fager is out in the wake of sexual harassment allegations, including a new one on Sunday that was detailed in Ronan Farrow 's piece in the New Yorker that brought down CBS Corp CEO Leslie Moonves earlier this week. This time, a former intern accused the newsmag chief/former CBS News chair of groping her at an office party. Rhodes insisted in his statement that "This action today is not directly related to the allegations surfaced in press reports, which continue to be investigated independently." Related Story Top CBS News Digital Executive Christy Tanner To Depart "However, he violated company policy and it is our commitment to uphold those policies at every level,' Rhodes said, adding that Moonves' interim CEO replacement Joe Ianniello "is in full support of this decision and the transition to come." Fager complained to CNN the network canned him because he demanded a female reporter "be fair" in covering a story. The network, he said, "terminated my contract early because I sent a… Read full this story
- ROH 17th Anniversary results: Lethal and Taven go to 60-minute draw, new tag team champions crowned
- ROH 17th Anniversary results: ROH world title match goes to 60-minute draw, new tag team champions crowned
- 2019 Super Bowl: Free live stream here on CBS Sports, kickoff time, channel, odds, predictions, more to know
- The end of CB Hounslow United?
- Derrick Rose set to start against Detroit Pistons with Jeff Teague still sidelined
- Injured Wolves Derrick Rose, Robert Covington, Jeff Teague Shut Down for Season
- St Michael's, Enniskillen beat Omagh CBS to win MacRory Cup
- WWE News: Shinsuke Nakamura talks about his goals for the United States Championship
- Auto Expo 2018: TVS Creon performance electric scooter - claimed 0 to 60 kmph in 5.1 seconds
- Breaking News – Inside An Expired Top Fuel Engine
Jeff Fager Out At CBS News And ‘60 Minutes’ have 333 words, post on deadline.com at September 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.