Ping! A notification pops up on your phone. “Hi, just checking in to let you know that I’m about to make your first automatic saving of £20.59,” chirps a chatbot. “Exciting times, eh? Have a great morning! :)” Score! Dopamine surges through you as you feel the thrill of winning the bot’s approval. Even better, that extra cash you’ve saved means you can go shopping. You log on to an app and follow a Pokemon Go-style augmented reality treasure hunt around London until you find a poster which, when you scan it with the camera on your phone, reveals a 3D model of a pair of trainers not yet on release. Congratulations! You can buy these before anyone else – just enter your card details as instructed on the app, plus your delivery address and they will wing their way directly to you. Cue a tinny trumpet fanfare. If this sounds like science fiction, it’s not. It’s gamification. To ‘gamify’ is to use game concepts, such as points and rewards, to engage us in activities. Fitbit gamifies exercise by awarding badges for distance milestones. Hinge is gamifying dating with its system of ‘likes’. Duolingo gamifies language learning with different levels to complete… Read full this story
- Only two weeks left to make decision to reopen shops and save Christmas, retailers warn
- Grab the best Black Friday deals with our top money-saving tips
- Save £150 this Christmas by getting gifts for less with cashback king Lee Parry’s tips
- Best single days codes and deals – from The Perfume Shop, Sports Direct, Asos and River Island
- I’ve cut my family’s food bill by a THIRD thanks to savvy shopping, last week I nabbed Sunday lunch for three for 50p
- Will COVID-19 kill the holiday shopping season?
- Bloke who makes £1 meals reveals the biggest supermarket spending mistakes you’re definitely making & what to do instead
- Amazon Singapore Launches Holiday Shopping Season with Holiday Gift Guides, Early Deals and More
- Money-saving queen shares five easy ways YOU can make extra cash during lockdown with virtually no effort
- Stay warm and cosy without spending a fortune on heating bills with our top tips
How Gamification is revolutionising how we shop, spend and save have 353 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at September 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.