The first 2+2 Dialogue between India and the US – bringing together the foreign and defence ministers of the two countries – being held in New Delhi today is a great opportunity to enhance bilateral ties in the changing geopolitical climate. In fact, the Dialogue itself is proof that India-US relations have come a long way since the Cold War era, when it was marked by suspicion and hostility. However, New Delhi’s foreign policy mavens need to realise that geopolitics is changing again, in ways that bring new dangers as well as new opportunities. New Delhi must be nimble enough to adapt and make the most of fresh developments. It wouldn’t be stretching things too far to say that at this point, and for the foreseeable future, America is and will be India’s most important foreign relationship. Their ties encompass the gamut of trade, investment, defence, technology and people-to-people relationships. But one development that restricts New Delhi’s space for manoeuvre is the sharpening confrontation between the US and Russia. Moscow’s interventions in Ukraine and interference in the 2016 US presidential elections have rankled Washington. Meanwhile, the current Trump administration’s approach to China, pushing back on unfair Chinese trade practices and… Read full this story
- Rakul Preet Singh’s flexible Vrikshasana or tree pose of Yoga is the perfect fitness motivation to start your day with
- 22 Simple And Effective Tips To Stay Healthy This Winter Season
- Heidi Klum, 47, says her lookalike daughter Leni, 16, is interested in modeling after being kept out of the 'public eye': 'She is old enough now'
- 10 gifts fitness fanatics will love
- “At 22, I had a gypsy’s soul and a warrior’s spirit,” says Ritu Beri
- Vietnam Business Forum 2020 opens on Dec. 22
- Businesswoman, 22, who use to gorge on McDonald's and KFC every day reveals how she transformed her life by losing 23kg in just five months - without joining a gym
- Sofia Richie EXCLUSIVE: The model, 22, slips into a bikini to enjoy St Barts by jet ski during height of the pandemic as dad Lionel Richie, 71, goes shirt-free
- Apple Fitness+ is impressive, but no use without an Apple Watch
- Getting a Nintendo Switch for Christmas? These 10 games make great last-minute gifts
Find that fit: 2+2 Dialogue with the US must make the most of aligned interests have 361 words, post on blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.