Nguyen Quang Thanh, director of the Da Nang Department of Information and Communication, talks to Nhân dân (People) newspaper on Da Nang’s plan to transform into a smart city. Da Nang set a target to become the nation’s first smart city. What has the city done so far to achieve this goal? Da Nang launched a series of programmes starting in 2012 designed to upgrade the city’s technical infrastructure. To that end, we made use of human resources and financial assistance from various agencies, including foreign organisations. From the start, city authorities have co-ordinated with IBM. It did not take long before Vietnamese IT groups like Viettel, VNPT and FPT joined in, and international companies including the World Bank and JICA soon followed. Foreign and domestic partners have expressed their desire to help us make Da Nang the first Smart City in Vietnam. What has Da Nang done to make this concept a reality? The first thing the city must do is win the support of people from all walks of life. Then we can ask for their input on how to improve the city. We have introduced new models in some key economic and social areas, including transportation education… Read full this story
- Groundbreaking for over US$ 4 billion smart city
- Groundbreaking for over US$ 4 billion smart city project
- From Google Home to Amazon Echo: A rundown of the major smart speakers
- Louvre Abu Dhabi delays display of Leonardo da Vinci's Salvator Mundi
- Smart motorway networks should be banned say group who issue tips for motorway safety
- Smart Meters yet to Catch on in Hungary
- Sumitomo-BRG joint venture plans Vietnam’s first smart city
- Best smart home devices to buy right now
- BR INTERVIEW. Alba Iulia Mayor Mircea Hava: 33 private companies involved in our smart city pilot initiative
- Google Home Hub rumours – £150 ‘smart screen’ for your kitchen that TALKS coming next month?
Da Nang’s plan to get 'smart' have 307 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.