Last Saturday afternoon, a man in a Tampa Bay Lightning shirt and khaki shorts waited in line at a Tampa Walmart. Beside him was a little boy wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the superheroes Captain America, Iron Man and the Hulk.The man was white. The boy, 9, was black. He held the man’s hand as they waited to pay for their snack.And that was enough to raise the suspicions of a woman, who was also black, in the Walmart that day.She was concerned enough that she asked to take a picture of the boy, saying he looked like her grandson. As the pair left, she got the man’s license plate number and a description of his car.She called 911 and described them down to the three superheroes and the color of the Hyundai.According to the dispatcher’s notes, the woman said she thought it “suspicious” that a white man was holding hands with a black child. She said the man seemed in a hurry to get in the shortest check-out line. She said the boy kept looking around.She said she thought the child was being kidnapped.You might have recognized the man in line that day — Frank Robertson, longtime local TV… Read full this story
- Number of people seeking help to stop looking at child sex abuse images online increases 40%
- Religious leaders attack two-child benefit cap, warning women could face choice between abortion or poverty
- There is something beautiful about raising a child as a sole parent – but that doesn’t mean it’s easy
- Zero tolerance approach to bad behaviour in schools amount to 'child abuse', teachers claim
- Bereaved parents spared funeral costs as Government scraps child burial fees in England
- Opelo Kgari: Woman brought to UK from Botswana as a child 14 years ago faces deportation for second time
- Children stuff food into their pockets and turn up to school in dirty uniforms as poverty worsens, headteachers warn
- Teacher accused of sex with pupil allegedly asked him: 'Who else can I be a slut with?'
- Paedophile who drove 130 miles with cheerleader outfit and lubricant in car to meet 10-year-old girl is jailed
- Mother dies after being crushed by pallet of bricks from crane in London
Carlton: A white man holding hands with a black child: What do we see there? have 365 words, post on www.tampabay.com at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.