Patients have chemotheraphy at Chợ Rẫy Hospital. — Photo thanhnien.vn Viet Nam News HÀ NỘI — New Ministry of Health regulations on cancer treatment for outpatients from other provinces is causing problems to hospitals and thousands of sufferers. In March last year, MoH issued a circular on daytime chemotherapy, radiotherapy and chemoradiotherapy at medical facilities. It said that doctors bear responsibility to administer treatment based on patients’ health and pathology. The regulation is applied only for patients who live in provinces or cities where hospitals they receive treatment are located. Regarding patients from other localities, they have to sign commitment letters for voluntary treatment while no guidance has been released. After having her brain tumor removed a 38-year-old woman who has asked not be named, from Đồng Nai Province, now gets chemotherapy at VNĐ26 million (US$11,500) from Chợ Rẫy Hospital in HCM City. “There is no way I will sign a commitment letter. What if it is considered as a request for medical services then Việt Nam Social Security will no longer pay for my treatment expenses,” she said. Another patient choose to receive outpatient treatment as she still has to work. As a single mother, she saves VNĐ1.5 million… Read full this story
- Should We Sequence the DNA of Every Cancer Patient?
- Cancer drug leads to 'drastic decrease' in HIV infection in lung cancer patient
- Is laughter the greatest medicine for cancer patients?
- Acupuncture significantly reduces joint pain for breast cancer patients
- Study finds all Myanmar mouth cancer patients chew betel quid
- Cancer drug starts clinical trials in human brain-cancer patients
- Using Molecular Pathways to Assess Cancer Patients
- Researchers trace timeline of tumor evolution in metastatic breast cancer patients
- Further Evidence that Immunotherapy Provides a Longterm Survival Benefit for Lung Cancer Patients
- IBM Watson Makes a Treatment Plan for Brain-Cancer Patient in 10 Minutes; Doctors Take 160 Hours
Cancer patients struggle with new circular have 303 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.