Albums of the week: From Suede to Kodaline BelfastTelegraph.co.uk This week’s new releases come from Josh Groban as well as Christine and the Queens. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/features/albums-of-the-week-from-suede-to-kodaline-37338319.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article37338701.ece/c6c45/AUTOCROP/h342/24761-1-_Read-Only_.jpg Email This week’s new releases come from Josh Groban as well as Christine and the Queens. CHRISTINE AND THE QUEENS — CHRIS When Heloise Letissier delivered Chris to her record label, she produced not only a collection of vividly imagined and brilliantly captured songs of self-discovery but also a 15-page dossier that portrayed her physical emancipation. She tells of becoming “a real grown-ass woman” since her debut LP Chaleur Humaine — a number two hit in the UK — and has achieved that through embracing her androgynous, non-binary self, building up an athletic physique and adopting the more masculine contraction of her stage name. Letissier scoffs at suggestions this is all an act, recently telling newspaper Le Parisien in her native France that Chris “is me, it’s Heloise” and saying the role lets her “fearlessly perform my joys, my pains and my frustrations”. Chris is a fresh shell for Letissier and an unshackled confidence streams through the record, the basslines funkier, lyrics punchier, the full package strikingly sensuous. Girlfriend, the glitterball-disco single, has Chris… Read full this story
- New Rap and R&B Music - Who is Releasing New Albums?
- Jamie Foxx - Intuition Album Review
- Create a Wedding Album Yourself Easily
- The Albums of Bob Dylan, Part One
- The Albums of Bob Dylan, Part Five
- Top 5 Pop Music Numbers in Last Few Weeks
- Angels & Airwaves' I-Empire Album Review
- Flo Rida - Mail on Sundays - Album Review
- Help Other Families Improve YOUR Finances - Make $500 to $2,000 a Week
- U2's Discography - The Early Years
Albums of the week: From Suede to Kodaline have 301 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at September 21, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.