This September, Tate Modern brings Christian Marclay’s masterful artwork The Clock to London, a 24 hour long film which uses clips from film and television to tell its viewers the time. And while we’re very excited about it, it is far from the first time the capital has hosted a world-class, awe inspiring art installation. From indoor rain showers to floating multi-coloured monoliths, these are the mind-boggling, mind-bending and the ultimately unforgettable art installations that have made Londoners gasp over the years. The Weather Project by Olafur Eliasson at Tate Modern Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall makes an annual habit of hosting breathtaking installations. The multi-storey space, which held a turbine in the building’s power station days, has been the site of Louise Bourgeois’ spider sculpture, Carsten Höller’s slides and Ai Weiwei’s sunflower seeds. In 2003, Danish artist Olafur Eliasson’s work consisted of a massive glowing semi-circle on the back wall, which was reflected in a mirrored ceiling to look like the sun. A sunny glow bathed the space, and visitors were made to feel like a tiny part of something much bigger on seeing themselves reflected in the mirror high above them. Eliasson will be returning to the gallery for a… Read full this story
- New Art Installation Coming To Alexandria Waterfront Park In 2020
- Ramtech Completes Modular Building Installation for City of Laredo, TX WIC Program
- Interactive Art Installation Coming To New King Street Park
- Brandenburg Gate crowns itself with street art installation
- Poor Art | Arte Povera review – the show that proves Britain's on the blink
- The Color Factory Is Made for Instagram, but Is It Art?
- Heights Unites Music & Arts Festival to Benefit Local Community
- Great Barrier Reef Museum of Underwater Art sculptures submerged off Townsville
- Masud Olufani's Translocation & Transfiguration opens January 10
- Save celluloid, for art's sake
10 of the most completely unforgettable art installations have 298 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.