By Jason Henry | [email protected] | Pasadena Star NewsPUBLISHED: August 18, 2018 at 10:55 am | UPDATED: August 18, 2018 at 11:00 am Diamond Bar, Chino Hills and the City of Industry are negotiating a joint partnership that would give each city partial control over the 2,500-acre Tres Hermanos Ranch, one of the largest swaths of open space left in the region, according to sources close to the discussions. Late last month, Diamond Bar and Chino Hills agreed to freeze their lawsuits against Industry for 90 days to give the parties more time to negotiate, court records showed. If an agreement is reached, it would put an end to years of fighting over the property, which is owned by Industry but situated within Diamond Bar and Chino Hills’ jurisdictions. Tres Hermanos has avoided development for decades and is still used for grazing cattle, including longhorns. That almost changed when Industry unveiled plans to develop a solar farm on the land, despite objections from the other two cities. But now, after two years and millions of dollars invested in the project, the solar farm idea is dead, and sources say the three parties are close to reaching a mutually beneficial agreement…. Read full this story
- New Photo Possibly Teases Production on Star Wars TV Series Starting Imminently
- Lost cities #8: mystery of Cahokia – why did North America's largest city vanish?
- An inversion of nature: how air conditioning created the modern city
- Kuwait's inferno: how will the world's hottest city survive climate change?
- Story of cities #34: the struggle for the soul of Milton Keynes
- Death, blackouts, melting asphalt: ways the climate crisis will change how we live
- Sri Lanka's 'new Dubai': will Chinese-built city suck the life out of Colombo?
- Why gonzo journalism is crucial to our understanding of cities and their tribes
- Crowdfunded archaeology: 'Dig Hill 80' explores the WWI Ypres Salient battlefield
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
With death of solar farm project, warring cities explore shared control of Tres Hermanos Ranch have 311 words, post on www.ocregister.com at August 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.