Hanoi (VNA) – The World Economic Forum on ASEAN (WEF ASEAN) 2018 will take place in Hanoi from September 11-13 under the theme “ASEAN 4.0: Entrepreneurship and the Fourth Industrial Revolution”.
Ahead of the event, diplomats shared their viewpoints on the organisation of the WEF ASEAN as well as the opportunities and challenges for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) amid Industry 4.0.
Malaysian Ambassador to Vietnam Zamruni Khalid expressed his support for Vietnam hosting the forum, as the country has experience in organising successfully the APEC Year 2017. Vietnam will be successful in organising the WEF ASEAN, he believed.
While evaluating opportunities and challenges offered by Industry 4.0, he said ASEAN countries could learn from each other to promote the movement and run trans-national business activities.
He suggested businesses from the bloc discuss how to develop amid the impacts of Industry 4.0.
Indonesian Ambassador to Vietnam Ibnu Hadi said that his country is mobilising different resources from enterprises, scholars and policy makers to catch up with the movement.
Meanwhile, Charge d’Affaires of the Singaporean Embassy in Vietnam Tan Wei Ming said Singapore chose the theme of its ASEAN Chairmanship 2018 as “Resilient, Innovative ASEAN” with the hope of promoting cooperation and renovation activities to cope with profound changes in the region and the world.
The theme of this year’s forum is practical and meets the common concerns of countries in ASEAN and beyond, he said.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Germany Doan Xuan Hung said Vietnam’s hosting of the WEF ASEAN this year has drawn a great deal of global attention.
This is an excellent opportunity for the country to show its development potential to the international community, he said.
The forum will not only promote an ASEAN Community of dynamic development but also a Vietnamese nation with a strong will, a facilitating Government and a solid business community, he added.
Through this event, Vietnam will prove itself as a crucial member in promoting cooperation and connectivity in the bloc, Hung said.
The WEF was established in 1971 as a non-profit foundation and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Founded in 1967, the ASEAN groups Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.-VNA
- Regional countries moot sustainable e-waste management
- China promotes FTA among regional countries: Li
- Officials meet to discuss regional agriculture and rural development
- EU launches facility to assist regional countries transition
- Turkish Deputy PM Bozdağ meets ministers of seven countries in Dhaka
- Rumours of special meetings to win back country false: Najib
- ASEAN looks to tackle organised crime
- WEF Africa 2016 Highlights: Africa Rising; The Fourth Industrial Revolution; and Social Entrepreneurship
- The EU prescribes ASEAN type ‘connectivity’ for the Balkans
- ASEAN India Film Festival Will be an Extravaganza Showcasing 32 Films from 11 Countries :