Alpha Travel Insurance, a U.K.-based leading provider of low cost holiday insurance for gap years, conducted a research to come out a list of 25 most ideal destinations for a year’s break, based on analyzing 10,000 #gap year photos posted on Instagram and matching them to destinations around the world.
To little surprise, Hoi An, one of the country’s most hailed travel destinations, ranked 15th on the list, which was topped by New York, followed by Australia’s Sydney, Bali in Indonesia, Rome in Italy and France’s Paris.
2018 marks a thriving year of Hoi An as the world heritage site has continuously got a bunch of accolades from global travel magazines, helping to retain its popularity on global tourism map.
The ancient town in central Vietnam last June ranked second among the list of 10 safest and most exciting places on earth for solo travelers. The list was compiled by travel editors at Momondo, a U.K. based travel site.
Earlier this year, U.K. travel publisher Rough Guides named Hoi An in the top 10 destinations of Southeast Asia.
The number of visitors to Hoi An skyrocketed 70 percent from a year ago to 2.68 million in the first half of 2018, official data shows.
One minute walk through land of ancient secrets
- Go South, see Takuapa Old Town, tourism authority says
- Vietnam rice prices near 12-year low
- Story of cities #10: how the dirty Old Town became enlightened Edinburgh
- Argentina ready to fill Vietnam's wheat supply gap: export chamber
- Fire guts Paris' Notre-Dame Cathedral, Macron vows to rebuild centuries-old landmark
- Fire damages century-old Ayutthaya houses
- First-Ever Old Town Cocktail Week Announced In Alexandria
- Traffic routes for 2018 Countdown in Phuket Old Town
- Phuket Old Town plays host to Sketchwalk 2015
- 5 Open Houses For You In The Old Town Alexandria Area