Download logo President Cyril Ramaphosa will tomorrow, 22 August 2018, account to the nation on the work of government when he responds to Questions for Oral Reply in the National Assembly in Parliament, Cape Town. The Questions for Oral Reply are some of the effective mechanisms Parliament uses to hold the Executive accountable. President Ramaphosa will, among other Questions, brief Parliament on government’s approach to the national discussion on proposals by the governing party that the Constitution be amended to indicate the conditions under which land could be expropriated without compensation, to advance land reform. He will also respond to questions on the high unemployment figures recently released by Statistics South Africa, as well as government’s plans on the review of the list of zero-rated items to mitigate the impact of the increase in value-added tax from 14 to 15 percent earlier this year. The President will also speak on government’s signing of the Independent Power Producers agreements as well as how South Africa, as a BRICS member state, intends to build a fairer global trade regime to forge strong, sustainable, balance and inclusive growth. Details of the Oral Replies are as follows: Date: Wednesday, 22 August 2018 Time: 14h00 Venue: National Assembly, Parliament, Cape… Read full this story
- South Africa's Cyril Ramaphosa seeks to quell violent regional protests
- South Africa rejects Donald Trump's farm 'seizure' claims
- Anglo American near five-year high on good news from South Africa
- South Africa's home minister welcomes new bill to tackle illegal migration
- S Africa to give state burial to Winnie Madikizela-Mandela
- South African economy contracts 0.6% in third quarter
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Says He's Going to Live in Africa
- Letter from Africa: Should MPs be sent back to school?
- S. African president urges drastic measures to conserve water resources
- Don’t mess with Grace Mugabe – she could be the next president of Zimbabwe
South Africa : President Ramaphosa to Respond to Questions for Oral Reply in The National Assembly have 299 words, post on world.einnews.com at August 21, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.