WASHINGTON — For years, Omarosa Manigault Newman stood at Donald Trump’s side, making her deeply unpopular with African-Americans who see her as a sellout for aligning herself with a president who has hurled one insult after another at black people. Her falling out with Mr. Trump and her decision to call him a racist as she sells her new book — and in turn, his calling her a “dog” — have not been enough for many African-Americans to invite her back to the family picnic. Too little, too late, many said. “Her tell-all mea culpa won’t win her any brownie points with most blacks,” said Earl Ofari Hutchinson, author of the book “Why Black Lives Do Matter.” ”Their loathing of Omarosa is virtually frozen in stone. She’s still roundly lambasted as a two-bit opportunist, a racial sellout and an ego-driven hustler.” Few in the black community immediately rushed to defend Manigault Newman after she wrote a book titled “Unhinged” about her time in the White House. It paints a damning picture of Mr. Trump, claiming without evidence that tapes exist of him using the N-word as he filmed “The Apprentice” reality series, on which she co-starred. She has since stepped… Read full this story
- Black Americans Aren't Buying Omarosa's Turn Against Trump
- What Fresno County’s sheriff has to say after meeting with President Trump at the border
- President Trump to cut red tape for oil and gas industry in Crosby
- Kanye ♥ Donald: Why can’t black Americans support Trump?
- White Americans Say The Starbucks Arrests Were An Isolated Incident. Black Americans Say They Were Part Of A Pattern.
- President Trump's race-baiting base strategy is now evident
- President Trump says NFL players who protest shouldn’t be in the game — and maybe not even America
- President Trump says NFL players who protest shouldn’t be in the game — and maybe not even in the country
- President Trump's new favorite trade talking point falls apart under scrutiny
- President Trump Grants Pardon to Conrad Black
Some black Americans aren't buying Omarosa's turn against President Trump have 326 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.