Pham Van Nghiep, deputy chairman of the People’s Committee of Phu Quoc District, said the centre would receive information from citizens, visitors and organisations about theft, security problems and other complaints; improve traffic safety, and co-ordinate emergency responses and other activities. Vietnam Post and Telecommunications (VNPT) has helped the island build a safe city solution with mobile apps that help people report incidents (accidents, theft, acts that violate urban security) to management agencies and help the latter respond quickly. The residents must install the “Safe City” app on their smartphone. The VND67 billion (US$2.9 million) project, invested in by VNPT under the smart city project for Phu Quoc by 2020, was approved by the Kien Giang Province People’s Committee in April last year. The project was based on VNPT’s information communications technology infrastructure and the province’s e-governance system. Phu Quoc authorities have also completed a public wi-fi system that provides free access in Duong Dong and An Thoi towns. As many as 50 camera monitors also link with the smart city control centre in Phu Quoc Island. For online management of visitors, VNPT has trained over 90 police officers and workers at 200 guesthouses and hotels on the island. Hotels… Read full this story
- Phu Quoc casino project gains prime ministerial approval
- KC will bring Smart City power to its neglected east side. But what will it mean?
- Vietnam active in smart cities
- Smart cities option to deal with glut
- Mayor of London outlines ambitions to make London the world’s leading ‘Smart City’
- GE’s $30 Million Streetlamp Upgrade Illuminates The Rewards And Risks Of Smart Cities
- Banyuwangi included in ASEAN smart cities network
- Commnet: Smart cities offer Scotland a win-win
- Tom Sime: Smart cities offer Scotland a win-win
- Sidewalk Labs’s ambitious smart city plans now face a legal battle
Smart city control centre opens on Phu Quoc Island have 294 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.