Minnesota voters are casting their ballots Tuesday in a primary election that will help narrow the field of DFL and Republican candidates for the state’s top political positions, including governor, both U.S. Senate seats, all eight Congressional districts, state attorney general and several seats in the state House. Polls opened at 7 a.m., and polling places around the Twin Cities have seen a steady stream of voters through the early afternoon. Elections officials are predicting a higher-than-average turnout, particularly because requests for absentee ballots has surged this year. In Minneapolis, city elections officials reported that about 31,000 people had voted by 12:30 p.m. — on top of the more than 14,800 Minneapolis residents who voted early. That’s already far more than the approximately 35,200 people who voted in the 2016 primary and 29,100 who voted in 2014. At several locations, voters were focused on the wide-open race for governor, where two Republicans and three DFLers are the most prominent candidates vying to replace retiring DFL Gov. Mark Dayton. Voters don’t have to register as a member of a political party to participate in the primary, but they can only cast their votes for candidates in a single party as they… Read full this story
- Tarrant County Seeing High Turnout Of Early Voters For May 1 Election
- Solving the 'primary problem' will repair our government and elections
- Majority of public wants regional elections delayed: Surveys
- Georgia Republicans speed sweeping elections bill restricting voting access into law
- KPU presses on with December elections despite turnout concerns
- 76.16 per cent voter turnout in violence-hit 4th phase of Bengal polls, more troops deployed
- Assam elections 2021: ECI orders repolling in four Assam booths on April 20
- If Trump runs again, will he be coronated or primaried?
- Kerala assembly elections 2021: Youth League worker killed in post-poll clash in Kannur
- TMC, BJP's battle now reaches Election Commission's doorstep
Primary election day opens with high turnout, enthusiasm have 299 words, post on www.startribune.com at August 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.