Presumed US Korean War remains begin journey home from South Korea BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Decades after the end of the Korean War, the remains of dozens of presumed US war dead have begun their journey home following a repatriation ceremony in South Korea. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/presumed-us-korean-war-remains-begin-journey-home-from-south-korea-37175082.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article37175076.ece/590d3/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_cf190119-7fc0-46d0-adf3-3be6dbe00419_1 Email Decades after the end of the Korean War, the remains of dozens of presumed US war dead have begun their journey home following a repatriation ceremony in South Korea. North Korea handed over the remains in 55 boxes last week and allowed a US military transport plane to move them to the US Osan Air Base near Seoul in South Korea. While it was an apparent goodwill gesture by North Korea towards the United States, the return comes amid growing scepticism about whether the North will follow through on its pledge of nuclear disarmament. Hundreds of US and South Korean troops gathered at a hangar at the Osan base for the repatriation ceremony, which included a silent tribute, a rifle salute and the playing of the US and South Korean national anthems and dirges in front of the UN flag-covered metal cases containing the remains. The remains were then moved in grey vans to an airfield… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Why did infections shoot up South Korea?
- US, South Korea militaries face new enemy in viral outbreak
- US and South Korea considering scaling back military exercises due to coronavirus concerns
- Việt Nam, foreign airlines suspend flights to South Korea on epidemic fears
- U.S. soldier infected as South Korea coronavirus cases rise above 1,260
- Secretive church at center of South Korea's explosive coronavirus outbreak
- South Korea reports 505 new coronavirus cases, postpones military drill with U.S.
- Vietnam shall quarantine all from COVID-19-hit areas in South Korea: PM
- South Korea reports 334 new coronavirus cases, postpones military drill with U.S. troops
- South Korea's approach to coronavirus COVID-19 could be putting millions at risk and things could be worse if it spreads to the North
Presumed US Korean War remains begin journey home from South Korea have 353 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at August 1, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.