|President Tran Dai Quang speaks at the working session – Source: VNA|
During a working session with provincial leaders on August 19, President Quang asked the province to pay more attention to training human resources, speeding up administrative reform, improving the investment environment and enhancing scientific and technological application in agriculture and processing industry.
He also asked for An Giang to invest more in developing infrastructure of industrial parks and transport infrastructure, form regional connectivity and accelerate the building of new-style rural areas.
The State leader stressed the need for An Giang to reform its agricultural growth model, change the structure of agricultural production, promote the development of hi-tech agriculture, and devise policies to encourage enterprises to invest in the field of farm produce preserving and processing, towards creating high-value agricultural products.
It is also necessary to pay heed to preventing and overcoming landslides, minimising impacts caused by saline intrusion and water shortage and controlling diseases in cattle and poultry, he noted.
President Quang requested An Giang to effectively implement a the Politburo’s Resolution on developing tourism into a spearhead economic sector by calling for investment in infrastructure development for tourism, and efforts to promote the province’s tourism potential and landscapes, thus attracting both investors and tourists.
He emphasised that An Giang must focus on building strong and comprehensive armed forces; well implementing the coordination mechanism among forces in safeguarding national sovereignty, border security and security in the fields of ethnicity and religion; as well as enhancing the efficiency of foreign affairs with localities of neighbouring countries, thus helping to build a boundary of peace and friendship.
The President also requested An Giang authorities to strengthen the Party building; promote the campaign of studying and following the thought, morality and lifestyle of President Ho Chi Minh; build a transparent and professional public administration; and foster administrative reform to make it easy for investors’ production and business activities.
- US ambassador: Water resources management is important for Armenia sustainable economic development
- Karen Karapetyan sees all fundaments for future sustainable economic development and far-reaching reforms
- Ukraine's government approves forecasts for social and economic development in 2019-2021
- Shabbona residents meet to discuss economic development action plan
- President Aliyev chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to socio-economic development in 1Q18
- Artsakh state minister holds meeting with Armenia’s minister of economic development and investments
- President Aliyev chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to socio-economic development in 1Q18 [PHOTO]
- Armenia PM: We must take dramatic measures to promote light industry development
- President Sahakyan, minister Minasyan discuss economic cooperation between Artsakh and Armenia
- Ireland could find it hard to sustain economic momentum due to tax changes, warns Mody