Video PlayerClose Head of the election observation mission of the OSCE’s Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) Peter Tejler (C) attends a press conference in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, on Aug. 28, 2018. The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) opened an observation mission on Tuesday here with the aim of monitoring Bosnia and Herzegovina’s (BiH) upcoming general elections. (Xinhua/Haris Memija) SARAJEVO, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) — The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) opened an observation mission on Tuesday here with the aim of monitoring Bosnia and Herzegovina’s (BiH) upcoming general elections. Following an invitation from the BiH authorities and under the OSCE’s auspices, the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) will observe the election process before, during, and after the election day, said head of the mission Ambassador Peter Tejler at a press conference on Tuesday. “The aim of the mission is to monitor the integrity of the voting process, and give a chance to every citizen to enjoy the universal and equal right to vote, and their votes to be counted and tabulated in the correct way,” Tejler said, adding that only in that way can the government’s legitimacy be… Read full this story
- Singapore warns political parties of cybersecurity threats and election interference
- Burundi's tense election campaign sparks fears of further violence
- US Security Chiefs Express Alarm About Election Meddling
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden's search for a VP is likely underway
- The Latest: Japan’s Olympics minister reaffirms no delay
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - US virus deaths exceed 100,000; Pelosi pulls FISA bill
- The Latest: China reports 30 new virus cases, no deaths
- Burundians vote despite coronavirus outbreak
- KWARA: As May 29 beckons!
- Some Trump loyalists replacing watchdogs have 'preposterous' conflicts
OSCE mission to monitor BiH's upcoming general elections have 289 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at August 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.