Hanoi (VNA) – Minister To Lam said on August 13 that the Ministry of Public Security and the Central Public Security Party Committee have resolved to strictly deal with any violations within the ministry, even those involving senior officers.
Sen. Lt. Gen. To Lam was reporting on issues within his ministry at a question and answer session during the 26th meeting of the 14th National Assembly Standing Committee.
He stressed that there must be no restricted zones in the settlement of wrongdoings, which will help enhance the public security force’s strength in fulfilling tasks during this new age of criminal activity.
Recently, aside from several advantages and opportunities, there have been considerable difficulties and challenges facing efforts to ensure national security and keep social order, he noted, pointing out the substantial impacts from the strategic competition of major countries in the region and the increase in anti-Party and anti-State activities by hostile forces.
While social security, land-related complaints and denunciations, and mass protests disturbing public order are complicated issues for national safety; organised crime connected to murder, robbery, rape, and high technology have also been on the rise. Cross-border drug trafficking, drug production, fires, and traffic accidents remain complex problems, he said.
Addressing these facts, Minister Lam praised the public security force for managing to firmly ensure national security as well as social order and safety, while also taking the lead in reforming the ministry with a streamlined, efficient, and effective apparatus.
With a smoother apparatus, unchanged functions, and more difficult tasks, the ministry will have to exert more effort to fulfil its assigned tasks, he emphasised.
Providing details on Vietnam’s current crime situation, Lam said that gang activities have become complicated again, and are closely associated with economic, narcotics, environmental crime, and other criminal activities. Meanwhile, he added that up to 68.5 percent of all uncovered cases were linked to asset appropriation.
Each year, the public security force successfully solved nearly 80 percent of all cases and over 90 percent of very serious cases, he said, adding that that the drug volume seized in the first half of 2018 was almost equal to the year’s total from 2017. Many big drug trafficking rings were busted, including that in Long Luong commune of Van Ho district, Son La province.
The official also highlighted the noticeable improvement in the handling of economic and corruption cases, considering it an example of progress in the war against corruption.
The aforementioned outcomes have helped maintain political security and contributed to the country’s socio-economic development and external work, Lam added.–VNA
- Defense Ministry holds meeting with senior public security officers in the buildup to the 74th Traditional Day of Public Security Forces
- Deputy PM pays pre-Tet visit to departments of public security ministry
- MND, Ministry of Public Security step up collaboration
- Public Security Ministry ready to join Interpol’s crime crackdowns
- May to Argue 2nd Referendum Would Violate Public Trust
- WordPress Security: 24 Simple Tricks to Secure Your WordPress Website in 2019
- 24 Simple WordPress Security Tricks to Keep Your Website Safe in 2019
- Turnbull opens Australian Cyber Security Centre HQ
- How Your WordPress Security and Activity Log Can Help You Move Towards GDPR Compliance
- Feds leave national-security level at medium following Islamic State leader’s death