On Aug. 17, the New York Times ran a story about our county. The story, which held our county up to national ridicule, focused on the screening at a Medina theater by a local Republican group of a film that claims that the modern Democratic Party is made up of Nazis, racists and fascists. According to the Times story, the audience greeted the film, which had been debunked earlier by actual historians, with great enthusiasm. In our view, people who screen and cheer films like this harm our county in a very specific way. We think that when they hold the county up to national ridicule, they inevitably make it seem like a much less attractive place to buy a home, start a business or raise a family. After all, who wants to live and invest in a place where people are openly exchanging partisan insults and openly participating in the culture wars that are engulfing so many other communities in our nation? If our community becomes less attractive to those who might have chosen to come here, it will take value out of every home in Medina County and risk the financial well-being of our county’s residents. This Republican… Read full this story
- Foie gras WILL be cut from New York City menus by 2022 - but outraged farmers are already mounting a court challenge as restaurateurs say 'the beauty of America is that we can choose to eat what we want'
- New York Videogame Awards Nominees Announced, Honors Jade Raymond with Legend Award
- Snapchat apologises for ‘vandalism’ that changed New York City to ‘Jewtropolis’ in Snap Maps
- New York Excelsior tighten grip on Overwatch League stage 1
- Overwatch League: London Spitfire get revenge as New York and Vancouver keep riding high in stage two
- Marvel’s Spider-Man hands-on – Mary Jane stealth sections, Peter Parker puzzles, and flipping through New York
- E3 06: Def Jam: Fight for New York: The Takeover Hands-On
- The Godfather Preview: Taking New York
- George Clooney debuts Brad Bird's 'Tomorrowland' at New York Comic Con
- 'The Princess Bride' story time with Cary Elwes at New York Comic Con
New York Times story holds Medina County up to ridicule: Sun have 342 words, post on www.cleveland.com at August 20, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.