SINGAPORE – Myanmar’s state counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi will arrive in Singapore on Sunday (Aug 19) for a four-day working visit at the invitation of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. Her trip comes amid growing cooperation in recent years between Singapore and Myanmar, which are working towards concluding a bilateral investment treaty by year-end. Ms Suu Kyi will be at the Istana on Tuesday (Aug 21) to call on President Halimah Yacob as well as PM Lee, who will host her to lunch. Meetings with Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean and Foreign Affairs Minister Vivian Balakrishnan are also on the cards, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement. On Monday, Ms Suu Kyi will meet Mr Goh at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, where he is chairman of the governing board. Myanmar is interested in sending more of its officials for courses at the school. In the evening, she will be hosted to dinner by Dr Balakrishnan. She will meet DPM Teo on Tuesday afternoon, before taking the stage at the Grand Hyatt hotel to deliver the 43rd Singapore Lecture. In her lecture, titled “Myanmar’s Democratic Transition:… Read full this story
- Myanmar, the Globalists Next Target
- Barbie's Getting Vocal Chords! Here Are 11 Things We Want Her to Say
- Developer Spotlight: Richard Stallman
- Imagine Cup 2012 IT Challenge Judges Announced!
- Trump says his meeting with Xi Jinping went 'better than expected', insists he won't be imposing tariffs on China 'for the time being' and reveals Kim Jong-un responded 'very favorably' to his offer of a DMZ meeting as G20 summit ends
- Smart cities: The smart person's guide
- 6 ways cities will become smarter in 2017
Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi on working visit to Singapore have 279 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at August 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.