U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Massachusetts, announced a wide-ranging set of anti-corruption policies Tuesday that aim to crack down on the role money plays in federal decisions and ensure the government “again works for American families.” The Massachusetts Democrat, who touted her ”Anti-Corruption and Public Integrity Act” at the National Press Club, contended that the legislation is needed to combat corruption “which has seeped into the fabric of our government, tilting thousands of decisions away from the public good and toward the desires of those at the top.” Casting her plan as “the most ambitious anti-corruption legislation proposed in Congress since Watergate,” Warren argued it would address the “national crisis of faith in government.” “This is an aggressive set of reforms that would fundamentally change the way Washington does business. These reforms have one simple aim: to take power in Washington away from the wealth, the powerful and the well-connected, who have corrupted our government and put power back in the hands of the American people,” she said. “We can do this. We must do this. And when we do, we will restore the faith of the American people — not just in our government, but faith in democracy itself.” Warren laid out a multi-step approach to ending Washington corruption and… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren’s Plan To Fund Medicare For All Is A Complete Fantasy
- Elizabeth Warren’s New Bankruptcy Plan May Spark A Clash With Joe Biden
- Elizabeth Warren’s Fans Aren’t Naive About Her Plans
- Why Won’t Elizabeth Warren Make a Plan to Decriminalize Sex Work?
- Elizabeth Warren Is Making All the Right Enemies
- Elizabeth Warren says Donald Trump ordered strikes on Iran to distract from his impeachment trial as Democrats brand the president a 'monster' for plotting 'war crimes'
- Cory Booker Unveils Plan to ‘Virtually Eliminate’ Immigrant Detention Centers
- Elizabeth Warren reignites feud with Joe Biden over personal bankruptcy policy
- Democratic presidential contender Elizabeth Warren calls on Trump to 'de-escalate' with Iran
- Meghan McCain Presses Elizabeth Warren to Acknowledge Qasem Soleimani is a Terrorist: 'Of Course He Is'
Elizabeth Warren unveils plans to root out corruption in Washington, ensure federal government works for Americans have 337 words, post on www.masslive.com at August 21, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.