L-r: Nadia Theodore, Young-yun Kim, Farooq Mughal, Dr. Ned Rinalducci, Armstrong Atlantic University, Takashi Shinozuka and Dr. Mohammad KhurramNadia Theodore, Canada‘s consul general based in Atlanta, told Global Atlanta that she enjoyed the 2018 Georgia International Trade and Commerce Summit held in Chatham County earlier in August because it enabled her to meet with local officials, community leaders and businesspeople and not have to “preach to the choir.” “I especially liked talking about tariffs, trade and NAFTA with the local attendees as opposed to having to preach to the choir such as corporate CEOs and federal officials who already know the issues,” she said. Ms. Theodore was joined by the consuls general Takashi Shinozuka of Japan, Young-yun Kim of Korea, and Dr. Mohammad Khurram, Pakistan’s commercial trade officer based in Houston, at the Aug. 10-11 event held in Garden City, just northwest of Savannah. The event’s host committee included Georgia State Reps. Carl Gilliard, Savannah and Pedro Marin of Duluth, Savannah Mayor Eddie DeLoach, Garden City Mayor Don Bethune, Pooler Mayor Mike Lamb, Brunswick Mayor Cornell Harvey, City of Tybee Island Mayor Jason Buelterman as well as officials of the Savannah Port Authority and Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. The summit was… Read full this story
- Why India opted out of world's biggest trade deal signed today
- Biden's trade policy should focus on Europe, not Asia or the Pacific
- Asia forms world's biggest trade bloc, a China-backed group excluding U.S.
- ASEAN, China, other partners set world’s biggest trade pact
- Korea expert discusses advancements in North Korea's nuclear missile program
- Vietnam and 14 nations ink world’s largest trade pact RCEP
- Vietnam inks world’s largest trade pact RCEP
- In first joint statement since 2017, APEC leaders, including Trump, agree on free trade
- PM Phuc chairs 4th RCEP Summit
- Australian exporters urge Morrison government to take China to world trade umpire
Canada, Japan and Korea’s Consuls General Talk Trade and Tariffs at Chatham County Summit have 302 words, post on www.globalatlanta.com at August 20, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.