Australia’s home affairs minister was under mounting pressure Friday (Aug 31) to formally explain why he personally intervened to help au pairs from France and Italy after their tourist visas were cancelled. Australia’s home affairs minister Peter Dutton has faced questions over his intervention in the immigration case of two European au pairs AFP/SEAN DAVEY Peter Dutton, the driving force behind a bitter Liberal party coup that unseated Malcolm Turnbull as prime minister last week, has strongly denied any wrongdoing. But the scandal is deepening with a Senate committee inquiry due to scrutinise his decisions next week at the request of opposition politicians. In the first case Dutton, then immigration minister and known for his support of hardline policies, used his discretionary powers to free a Frenchwoman from detention in November 2015 and allow her to stay in the country. The move was made after an appeal to his office by Australian Football League boss Gillon McLachlan, documents released under freedom of information showed. The woman was reportedly planning to work as a live-in babysitter for a relative of McLachlan, but did not have the proper paperwork when she arrived. National broadcaster ABC and other media said Dutton’s intervention also… Read full this story
- Nanny Employment Facts - Typical Pay For Nannies and Au Pairs
- In a tightly-contested race, Canada's scandal-hit Trudeau battles to stay in power
- Great White Bite | Power Shutoffs | Child Hit By Car | Patch PM
- 'The world needs his leadership': Barack Obama backs embattled PM Justin Trudeau ahead of Canada's federal election and insists he was 'proud' to work alongside him despite recent blackface scandal
- Rudy Giuliani's business dealings sit at the center of the deepening Trump-Ukraine scandal. Here's the latest.
- All hail the Queen! MAXIM Australia magazine announces Margot Robbie as the winner of its 2019 Hot 100 list
- Volkswagen's $75m fine over diesel emissions scandal rejected by judge
- Sarah Palin - A Model Politicians Would Do Well to Follow
- Student at Center of Howard University Financial Scandal Speaks Out Amid Campus Protests
- Australia wasted decades in climate denial – and must break free of the mire of misinformation
Au pair scandal hits Australia politician who ousted PM have 344 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 31, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.