Bac Ninh (VNA) – The People’s Committee of the northern province of Bac Ninh and the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) will enhance communication cooperation under an agreement inked between both parties on July 6.
Per the terms of the agreement, both sides will join hands to disseminate the Party’s guidelines and the State’s laws while the state-run news agency will popularise the images of Bac Giang province, and nudge its socio-economic potential and achievements closer to domestic and international friends.
At the signing ceremony, VNA General Director Nguyen Duc Loi briefed local authorities on the VNA’s functions and operation.
He said that the agency boasts a network of 63 bureaus in all cities and provinces throughout the country, and 30 overseas bureaus across five continents. With more than 1,000 reporters and editors among its 2,400-strong staff, the agency is now the largest producer of media products in the country.
It produces more than 60 products including bulletins, photographs, television programmes, dailies, weeklies, monthlies, magazines, pictorials, books, TV programmes, e-newspaper and information programmes on mobile platforms, he added.
He expressed his belief that Bac Ninh province will create favourable conditions for VNA and its bureau in the locality to fulfill assigned political missions, and pledged to bolster communication cooperation with the province to promote local images to both Vietnamese and foreign people.
Meanwhile, Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Tu Quynh said that Bac Ninh is touted as an outstanding model in socio-economic development, hence, promoting the image of a vibrant and innovative province is significant to lure more domestic and foreign investments.
He hoped that in the coming time, close coordination with the VNA will bring in effective results.-VNA
- Vietnamese, Cambodian news agencies look to boost ties
- Bac Ninh investigates illegal dumping of toxic waste into Cau River
- Two supporting industrial clusters to be set up in Bac Ninh province
- 135 projects become operational in Bac Ninh’s industrial parks in 2019
- Bac Ninh: Pork prices push up November CPI
- Vietnam, German Sachsen-Anhalt State boast high cooperation potential: ambassador
- Vietnam raises proposals to help ASEM bolster multilateral cooperation
- Russia's only aircraft carrier on fire in port: News agencies
- Avoid misinformation, disinformation through fact-checking, news agencies charged
- North Korea conducts ‘crucial test’, says news agency