New York (VNA) – Vietnam is committed to implementing the United Nation’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, stated Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen The Phuong.
He made the statement at the High-level Segment (HLS) of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) at the UN headquarters in New York, where the ECOSOC High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2018 also took place, from July 9 and 18.
The Vietnamese official said the commitment is being undertaken via promoting the country’s inner strength and international integration, and boosting public – private partnerships and ties with global partners to build a resilient and sustainable society where no one is left behind.
Phuong also pointed to global-level challenges and stressed that ensuring peace and security based in respect for international law is key to the realisation of Sustainable Development Goals.
He called for countries’ responsibility in cooperating and supporting one another, particularly developing nations.
At the event, the Vietnam delegation joined other delegations to pass a Ministerial Declaration.
Within the framework of the HLPF and HLS 2018, Vietnam presented the Voluntary National Review (VNR), which received feedback from many international organisations, non-governmental organisations and international scholars.
Delegates to the HLS highly appreciated commitments, achievements and efforts made by Vietnam in sustainable development, as well as the country’s inclusive and serious approach in the process.
They also asked Vietnam to share its experience in effectively integrating sustainable development goals (SDGs) into the country’s socio-economic development strategies.
On the sidelines of the HLPF, Vietnam, together with Thailand, Bhutan, the EU and the UN Environment Programme, engaged in a seminar on green economy and impacts on sustainable development.
Vietnam and Finland also organised a seminar on managing risks in water and sanitation supply.
At the end of the meetings, the HLPF and HLS adopted a ministerial declaration affirming the resolve of countries in implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, ensuring that no one is left behind. -VNA
- Vietnam committed to implement sustainable development goals
- Vietnam committed to implement sustainable development goals - Viet Nam - News
- Vietnam commits interdisciplinary efforts to implementing SDGs
- Vietnam supports 2030 Agenda for sustainable development
- Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development implemented in Vietnam
- Bản in : Vietnam supports 2030 Agenda for sustainable development
- Heineken Vietnam continues to inspire the business community
- Bản in : Vietnam pays due heed to sustainable development
- DPM's speech at UN Conference on Sustainable Development