The US government on Tuesday claimed that the chemical warfare agent VX was used by Pyongyang to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s half-brother, Kim Jong Nam (above, left), at Kuala Lumpur airport in 2017, State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said in a statement on Tuesday. “This public display of contempt for universal norms against chemical weapons use further demonstrates the reckless nature of North Korea and underscores that we cannot afford to tolerate a North Korean WMD [weapons of mass destruction] program of any kind,” Nauert said. The US allegations come a year after Malaysian authorities determined Kim Jong Nam’s death was caused by VX, a highly toxic nerve agent that is colorless, odorless and tasteless. VX exposure can be treated, but an antidote needs to be used quickly to be effective, Malaysia’s health minister said Kim Jong Nam died 20 minutes after exposure . A history of political poisonings Alexei Navalny Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny was rushed to hospital in Siberia after being taken ill on a flight to Moscow. His aides allege he was poisoned in revenge for his campaigns against corruption. The 44-year-old ex-lawyer apparently only drank black tea before taking off from Omsk airport, which his team think… Read full this story
- South Korea’s Old Torture Factory Is Making Nice With Kim Jong Un
- Where is Kim Jong-un dead? The rumours around North Korea’s dictator
- Kim Jong-un could be using the coronavirus crisis to develop a doomsday weapon
- Kim Jong-un has developed nuclear warheads small enough to fit on missiles that can hit the West, says secret UN report
- North Korea threatens to shut liaison office with South
- Why It’s So Hard to ‘Deter’ North Korea
- Kim Jong-un could be using corona crisis ‘to develop bio doomsday weapon’
- Kim Jong-un Visits Flood Sites in North Korea Before Xi Jinping Visits China’s
- Why Is Trump Letting Moon Jae-in Hand South Korea to Kim Jong Un?
- Kim Jong-un Rushes Completion of Potemkin Village
US: North Korea used chemical agent VX to kill Kim Jong Un half-brother have 325 words, post on www.dw.com at January 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.