Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) U23 International Championship – Vinaphone Cup 2018 will take place from August 3-7 in Hanoi, announced the VFF on July 19.
The tournament – jointly held by the VFF and Binh Minh Media, and sponsored by the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) – will draw four Asian teams from Vietnam, Uzbekistan, Oman, and Palestine.
The teams will compete in one round for the calculation of points. The winner will receive 20,000 USD in cash, while the runner-up will get 10,000 USD, and third place presented with 5,000 USD.
VFF General Secretary Le Hoai Anh said that the tournament is a preparation step for the Vietnamese U23 team ahead of the ASIAD 18 in Indonesia. He revealed that the majority of the team are players joining the recent Asian Football Federation (AFF) U23 Championship.
This will be the first time the VNPT coordinates with the VFF in organising an international football event.
Football fans can buy tickets of the games online through Facebook at www.facebook.com/GiaiBongDaQuocTeU23 or at ticketbox.vn, tiki.vn, and ladaza.com from July 5; or directly at the My Dinh and Hang Day stadiums, and Binh Minh Media offices in Hanoi from July 31. -VNA
- Women’s national football championship kicks off
- U21 International Football Championship kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City
- UIL adds instant replay for football championship games
- Oman clubbed with Yemen, Jordan and DPR Korea for Asian U-16 Football Championship
- 2011 Int’l football championships open in Binh Phuoc
- ONE Championship Kicks Off ONE: HEROES OF HONOR in Manila with Press Conference
- Int’l cycling championship kicks off in Da Lat
- Int’l Futsal Football Championship opens in Dak Lak
- Thailand wins ASEAN women’s football championship
- Vietnam hosts ASEAN Under-19 Football Championships