A powerful earthquake has struck a popular tourist destination in Indonesia, killing at least 14 people.
The 6.4 magnitude quake hit the central island of Lombok just before 07:00 local time (00:00 GMT) on Sunday.
The island attracts tourists from around the world due to its beaches and hiking trails, and is located about 40km (25 miles) east of Bali.
More than 160 people are injured and thousands of homes are damaged, officials say.
Hyatt Hotels Corp. has made public its interest in taking over Spain’s NH Hotel Group, positioning itself in a battle for the company with Thailand-based Minor International.
In a statement released on Hyatt’s website yesterday, President and CEO Mark Hoplamazian said the move is in keeping with the Chicago hotel company’s growth strategy.
The rumors have been running rampant for months, but Universal has finally announced it is considering a fourth theme park at the company’s Orlando resort.
In fact, just last month, Universal trademarked the name “Fantastic Worlds” for use in amusement parks.
A new park would join Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay as part of the popular Universal resort.
For 2019, Abercrombie & Kent has added 19 departures of its “Egypt & the Nile” itinerary citing “dramatic growth in demand.”
Seven dates have been added in the first quarter of 2019 and 12 in the fourth quarter, which is on top of the 37 Egypt departures A&K already had slated for next year.
The operator’s “Egypt & the Nile” tour is a small-group journey limited to 18 travelers, guaranteed to depart with a minimum of two guests.
- Piikoi Street H-1 onramp to remain closed during peak traffic hours
- Reading councilwoman wonders who authorized demolition of Penn Street buildings
- HOTEL reports 31% and 28% growth in Total Revenues and EBITDA respectively for 2018
- Kutztown Folk Festival vying for USA Today 10Best Cultural Festival title, vote now
- An Itinerary For Exploring Some of Oregon’s Less Traveled Hot Springs
- Mike Trout, once an Arkansas Traveler, to sign 12-year, $432M deal to stay with Angels
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's exaggerations about the Russia probeYou may also be interested in...
- 36 Hours in Marseille
- Pakistani Man Detained by ICE in Arizona Tells Us Why He Went on Hunger Strike
- ‘The man who attacked me works in your kitchen’: Victim of serial groper took justice into her own hands