caption Millionaire’s bacon source Melia Robinson/Business Insider In the World Cup of food wars, sugar and fat are the playoff teams. But an emerging science is beginning to suggest that when eaten on its own, fat does not contribute to weight gain. Sugar, however, does. Increasingly alarmed by the sugar in our diets, scientists recommend cutting back and instead bringing back foods like creamy avocados and buttery salmon. In the World Cup of food wars, sugar and fat are the playoff teams. It makes intuitive sense that rich foods like creamy avocados or butter-drenched salmon would contribute to weight gain. Similarly, stacking up on sweet treats like sugary cereals and carb-heavy bagels can’t be too great for your waistline, either. But scientists are increasingly examining what happens inside our bodies when we regularly indulge in large amounts of either sugar or fat on their own. In many parts of the world, the two ingredients are rarely eaten alone. Take doughnuts as an example. When the fresh carb-laden dough is deep-fried in oil, you get a classic combination of sugar and fat with a rich flavor and powerful mouthfeel that’s tough to pass up. But an increasing body of evidence is… Read full this story
- Weight loss: Eating more of this food can burn belly fat fast - what it is?
- I'm Samin Nosrat, Host and Executive Producer of Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat, and This Is How I Eat
- Should You Be Eating a High-Fat, Low-Carb Diet Like Keto? Scientists Weigh In
- Type 2 diabetes: This surprising food may lower blood sugar
- Hold the butter: Eating too much fat slows you down and makes you feel dumb
- Summertime treats that are freakishly high in fat
- Make Every Component of This Croquembouche in the Microwave
- Kelly Osbourne: I 'took more hell for being fat' than for being a drug addict
- Do your clothes make you look fat? How to look 10 pounds thinner by changing your clothes
- Bronx steps up battle against proposed sugar tax; Taxing low-income families isn't fair
There’s growing evidence that eating fat won’t make you fat, but sugar will have 332 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at July 20, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.