They have called for support from non-governmental organisations, businesses and philanthropists to offer cash and deposit books to tens of thousands of people living in need, wheelchairs to 63 people with disabilities, 85 bicycles to poor students and tens of breeding cows to those living in mountainous areas, and build 12 charity homes.
In order to improve the capacity of coping with natural disasters and adapting to climate change, the provincial Red Cross Society partnered with the provincial Steering Committee on Natural Disaster Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, and Save the Children organisation in Vietnam to conduct a drill on evacuating people in flood in Duy Xuan district and hold a training course on disaster risk and drowning first aid to thousands of local students.
Chairman of the provincial Red Cross Society Le Tan Minh said its chapters will effectively step up the campaign “Each unit, individual with a humanitarian address”, a charity movement on the occasion of the Day of Invalids and Martyrs (July 27), and the programme “Cow bank – Joining effort with the poor in mountainous areas in new rural development”.
The agency is accelerating the construction of 80 new houses for households regularly hit by flooding funded by the United Nations Development Programme. It will also work closely with the American Red Cross to conduct the second stage of a project on enhancing resilience to natural disasters in central Vietnam in several wards of Tam Ky city.-VNA
- Quang Nam hosts exhibition on Hoang Sa and Truong Sa archipelagos
- Social Security scammers invented wild cover stories, posed as dead relatives, feds say
- Can You Increase Your Social Security Checks in Retirement?
- A plan that could save Social Security and boost the economy – with one big catch
- Red Cross Issues Reminder They Can’t Accept Donations From People With Loose Blood Cupped In Hands
- Government Site Accidentally Leaks Dozens of Social Security Numbers
- That's Not the Social Security Administration on the Phone
- CARIBBEAT: Red Cross' major Haiti relief failures outlined in report
- Healthcare.gov Breach Included Social Security Numbers and, Reportedly, Children's Info
- Obama's Social Security myths: Why is this entitlement holier than all others?