Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), a state-funded trade and investment promotion organization, has relocated its Southeast Asia-Oceania headquarters to Hanoi, indicating stronger interest of South Korean businesses in Vietnam, Maeil Business News Korea reported. A KOTRA Southeast Asia official speaks at a M&A forum in Hanoi in November 2017. Photo: Anh Minh In an organizational reshuffle in May, KOTRA appointed Kim Ki-joon, who is president of its Singapore office and doubles as the chief of the Southeast Asia-Oceania headquarters, as the president of its Hanoi office. Kim will officially assume the new position on Aug. 1. KOTRA’s Southeast Asia-Oceania oversees 14 regional offices supporting Korean businesses in exploring opportunities in the region. Vietnam has become increasingly important to South Korean exporters and investors as relations between the two countries are thriving in all aspects. Trade between Vietnam and South Korea has been on the rise since a bilateral free trade agreement took effect in December 2015, reaching US$63.9 billion in 2017. The figure was $25.92 billion in the first five months this year, of which Vietnam’s exports to South Korea rose 31% year-on-year to $7.18 billion while its imports from the market increased 1.1% to $18.74… Read full this story
- Japan uses trade restrictions as a weapon against South Korea
- China: Differences to be 'properly' resolved at SE Asia meet
- Alltech welcomes new senior leaders to its team
- The Struggles of Rejecting the Gender Binary
- An upbeat Kim arrives in Russia, ready for his Putin summit
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Elizabeth Warren’s human shield
- North Korea fires more projectiles as nuclear talks stall
- Iowa floods: 'I'm just hoping that they come back and we rebuild'
- The U.S. or China? Europe Needs to Pick a Side
- Small private colleges struggling to succeed
KOTRA moves SEA-Oceania HO to Vietnam amid thriving trade, investment ties have 277 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at July 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.