As someone who has been in front – and behind – the camera for the better part of his life, he doesn’t need much direction. The all-round music man is back in his hometown to take part in Hennessy Sound Lounge, an ‘autobiographical journey through sound’ that will see him sharing music, musings and cognac with a small group of guests. It all sounds very cosy but Fallon admits that he finds the prospect a little daunting. “I’ve DJed to 80,000 people with U2 and I’m more comfortable with that,” he says. “It’s easier than talking to 12 people.” Bernard Patrick Fallon – or ‘Beep’ as he is known in the music industry – is talking about U2’s Zoo TV tour in the early ’90s. As the warm-up DJ, he played records from inside a futuristic mirror-covered Trabant which now resides in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And this is just one of his stories… Fallon’s extraordinary career has given him an Access All Areas pass to just about every corner of rock ‘n’ roll culture. He shared a stage with John Lennon and partied on Led Zeppelin’s private jetliner ‘Starship’. He worked with Marc Bolan, Phil Lynott… Read full this story
- ‘You’ Book vs. Show Spoilers: What Happened to Candace and is She Really Dead?
- Kroger shooting: Jeffersontown church sheds what-ifs for thanks
- Tuning in to Hernando government TV? Thank these guys.
- It’s the little things I'm thankful for
- Woodbridge bride-to-be thankful for every breath, and support of Emily's Dream Team
- Thankful: Sun River farmer Chuck Merja badly burned but unbroken
- 'I'm happy to be be alive': Man thanks Syracuse firefighters who saved him (video)
- Bigfoot hunters aren’t crazy, just curious, says ‘Wild Thing’ podcaster Laura Krantz
- Marie Kondo's new Netflix show will make you laugh, cry, organize like crazy
- 'This is Jayme Closs! Call 911!' Missing Wisconsin 13-year-old found alive
'I give thanks that I'm alive because a lot of crazy stuff happened have 311 words, post on www.independent.ie at July 15, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.