A waste-burning facility at the Gò Cát landfill in HCM City’s Bình Chánh District. VNS File Photo. Viet Nam News HCM CITY — HCM City has called for investment in environmental protection projects from now through 2025 and announced incentives for such investment as it seeks to resolve certain problems soon. A spokesman for the Department of Natural Resources and Environment said some 8,900 tonnes of solid wastes are collected daily in the city and treated at the Phước Hiệp waste treatment complex in Củ Chi District and Đa Phước Waste Treatment Complex in Bình Chánh District, with 69 per cent being buried and the rest burnt and recycled. The volume is set to increase by 5 per cent a year to 10,081 tonnes per day in 2020 and to 12,864 tonnes per day by 2025. City authorities have called on investors to set up two more solid waste treatment units using recycling technology capable of handling 2,000 tonnes a day at the Phước Hiệp Solid Waste Treatment complex in Củ Chi District. They will respectively treat harmful industrial and medical wastes using plasma waste-burning technology. The city has also called for covering unused former landfills in the districts of… Read full this story
- Quarter Primary scoop ‘Best Environment Project’ at the National Lottery Good Causes Awards
- Hi-tech public tap network to encourage water refills
- Town council praised for its 'consideration to the environment'
- Major archaeology project to begin at Clare Castle Country Park
- Estate owner will seek damages from environment body
- Partnership launches project to deliver vital restoration of River Rom
- Norfolk school celebrates allotment project that won its founder a national award
- £700k seized from gangsters on offer to Northern Ireland crime prevention projects
- Bottesford's Friendly Bench receives funding for new inter-generational project
- £4.8 million heritage project is hailed as boost to landscape
HCMC encourages environment projects have 298 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.