SAMARA, July 4, 2018 (News Wires) – Europe and South America will do battle again for soccer supremacy in the World Cup quarter-finals but with many of the usual combatants having already exited, there is a fresh feel to a line-up that promises a new or long-absent finalist. While Africa, Asia and North America will not be represented, dashing any hope of a revolutionary breakthrough in the eventual destination of the trophy, at least one of this year’s finalists will not have reached the title decider for half a century, if at all. With perennial challengers Germany, Spain and Argentina all having exited a tournament that has thrown up a never-ending series of surprises, the draw has a distinctly unbalanced feel in terms of the talent weighing on either side. In one half, England, who played their one final when they won the title in 1966, and Sweden, who lost to Brazil on home soil in the 1958 final, will meet in Samara on Saturday with a last-four clash against Croatia or Russia awaiting the winner. Neither the hosts, whose previous best was a single semi-final appearance as the Soviet Union in 1966 or Croatia, who also reached the last… Read full this story
- England play South Africa in World Cup final: Owen Farrell and his teammates take to the field in bid to win their second title as Prince Harry cheers from the stands and millions watch at home
- Pakistan Condemn Woeful South Africa To World Cup 2019 Exit
- World Cup 2019: Rampant Bangladesh Add To South Africa's World Cup Agony
- England Vs South Africa Rugby World Cup final LIVE Score: England, South Africa Face Off In Bid To Lift The Webb Ellis Cup
- Sourav Ganguly Feels World Cup Experience Will Help India Become a Better Side
- Prince Harry joins Japan's Crown Prince Akishino in the stands at Rugby World Cup final while Meghan Markle cheers at home 'with baby Archie in a replica strip onesie'
- World Cup: I Can Do Well Against India, Says Pakistan Pacer Rahat Ali
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell Blames World Cup 'Emotional High' for Form Slump
- ICC Approves Rahat Ali's Induction for World Cup
- WAGS assemble! England rugby heroes' wives and girlfriends descend on stadium in Japan to watch their men vie for World Cup glory
Fresh feel as Europe and South America resume World Cup combat have 365 words, post on www.egyptiangazette.net.eg at July 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.