The Hanoitimes – A reduction in state monopoly in network industries will give a boost to and turn the Vietnamese economy in a fully market-based one, according to experts. Experts have gathered at a workshop in Hanoi, calling on the state to reduce monopoly in network industries in order to create a fairer playing field for economic sectors and increase efficiency of the local economy. Seminar on reforming state monopoly in network industries held in Hanoi Participants suggested restructuring the economy in tandem with stepping up the reform of state-owned enterprises and narrowing the fields of state monopoly. The power sector should ensure independence among manufacturing, transmission, distribution, and free price negotiations with customers; publicize their electricity price structure; and launch an independent supervisory agency for the sector. Experts agreed that although the railway industry owns a lot of strengths and priorities, it is now the weakest sector in Vietnam’s development chain. Experts proposed continuing to restructure Vietnam Railway Corporation, attracting private investment in railway services, and establishing an independent supervisory body. Regarding aviation, they called for ensuring airlines’ fair and equal access to airport infrastructure at reasonable costs, issuing a mechanism to manage airport management units, and reducing… Read full this story
- Urgent need to eliminate State monopoly in public service provision
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says monopolies are not bad as long as they are 'not abused' (but claims the tech giant isn't one anyway)
- Vietnam Global Leaders Forum held in Paris
- Direct US flights: Vietnam’s 16-year-old dream remains unfulfilled
- Industrial sector still heavily dependent on foreign investment
- Vietnam's condotel market faces challenges
- Vietnam under pressure to address corruption in private sector: UNDP
- Weekly roundup: State funeral, airport expansion, trade war threats and more
- Experts issue warning about the EVFTA
- Is India's automotive industry ready for an EV makeover?
Experts call for less state monopoly in network industries in Vietnam have 294 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at July 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.