Scores among the pros at the U.S. Open are unusually high amid a growing chorus of accusations that the course has degraded into an unplayable condition. Zach Johnson was explicit that the famed course at Shinnecock Hills in New York has fallen apart before their eyes. In an interview with Sky Sports, he said that the course isn’t on the edge of being playable, it’s already worse than that.The two-time major champion, who ended the day with a 72, was asked where the course was for play and his assessment was stark, indeed. “No, we’re not on the edge (of fairness and playability). I thought that we could be on the edge, but we’ve surpassed it,” Johnson replied dourly. “It’s pretty much gone, especially in the latter part of the day for us; it’s pretty much shot… unfortunately, they’ve lost the golf course.” Johnson, who has been with the PGA since 2004, said he feels bad for everyone involved with the famed tournament, but in his opinion, they’ve let the high level of the course fall apart. According to The Big Lead, scores are rising due to the rough conditions of the greens. “While it may not be the belief… Read full this story
- Golden Gate Park golf course re-opens in wake of fire
- Inside Selena Gomez’s £2.3m Texas home with huge pool, home spa and bar and it’s own private golf course
- Multiple dead after plane crash on Arizona golf course
- Watch: Anthea Turner opens Belfast Telegraph Holiday World Show 2018
- Is This the World's Most Beautiful Golf Course?
- 5 Golf Courses in the Franschhoek Area
- Faldo 's new Vietnam Golf Course has star quality
- The Biltmore Hotel to Restore its Historic Golf Course
- Vietnam Central coast golf courses win top awards
- Montgomerie Links named among elite golf courses in Asia
WATCH: Zach Johnson on the U.S. Open: ‘They’ve Lost the Golf Course’ have 303 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 15, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.