Opening the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to Mozambique Le Huy Hoang said the Government and people of Vietnam always attach great significance to developing ties with Mozambique and wants to strengthen the traditional bilateral relations and economic cooperation in key sectors, including agriculture.
Hoang noted Vietnam looks to continue partnering with Mozambique and other African countries, thus contributing to ensuring food security and improving the local living standards.
|Delegates to the conference on “Agricultural Cooperation Promotion between Vietnam and Mozambique” in a joint photo|
Mozambican Minister of Agriculture and Food Security Francisco de Marrule spoke highly of what the Government and people of Vietnam have done to develop the economy, ensure social welfare and gain a higher status in the international arena.
Mozambique is blessed with large fertile land, favorable climate and long coastline for the development of agriculture and aquaculture, he said, adding that Mozambique is formulating new policies to facilitate foreign investors doing business in the country, particularly in agricultural production and processing.
The minister welcomed Vietnamese businesses to enhance investment in Mozambique and suggested them focus not only on production of short-duration plants like rice and vegetables but also on high-value industrial crops such as cassava, cashew, coconuts and coffee.
Speaking at the conference, Director General of the Agricultural Research Institute of Mozambique (IIAM) Olga Faftine highly valued the effectiveness of a joint project between the two countries to develop food crops in Zambezia province. Most of the objectives of the USD-2.2-million project have been achieved, she noted.
A group of Vietnamese experts have been sent to Mozambique to work with a local center for agriculture studies to open about 50 training courses on techniques for cultivation of rice, soybean, sweet potatoes and vegetables, she stated.
Faftine proposed Vietnam continue supporting Mozambique in the second phase of the project to ensure its sustainable results.
- Vietnam, RoK boost agriculture cooperation
- Vietnam, New Zealand to cooperate in weather forecast
- Experts make policy recommendations to foster Agriculture 4.0
- Vietnam, Laos continue to foster multifaceted cooperation
- Ambassador: Vietnam, Russia enjoy fruitful cooperative ties
- Vietnam seeks to boost cooperation with international NGOs
- Vietnam, Belarus ink business cooperation deals
- Vietnam, Belarus enhance multifaceted cooperation
- Forum to bolster Vietnam- RoK technology transfer, cooperation
- Vietnam supports ASEAN – China cooperation: Deputy PM