Share on facebook Share on twitter . (photo credit: Wikimedia Commons) The true obscenity in 2018 America isn’t Rosanne Barr’s racist tweet or Samantha Bee’s vulgar term to describe Ivanka Trump, which her father has used repeatedly to describe other women. Nor is it Donald Trump himself boasting on the infamous Access Hollywood tape about grabbing women by their genitalia, or Tennessee Rep. Diane Black blaming school shootings on pornography. Be the first to know – Join our Facebook page. The industry claims prices are so high because of its enormous investment in research and development – for which they’ve been rewarded with 17-year monopolies (patents) to charge any price they want. But the truth is, they spend billions more on advertising, promotion and lobbying to keep prices and profits high.The National Academy of Sciences has said drug companies “spend substantially more on marketing and administration than on research and development.”The American Medical Association, which wants drug advertising banned, said Big Pharma (a common expression) spent $6 billion last year alone on three-quarters of a million ads aimed at consumers, according to Kantar Media. That drives up prices and “inflates demand for new and more expensive drugs, even when these… Read full this story
- So, our 'toxic' culture is bad for children? In the good old days we just had to endure days of boredom and beatings
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Review Round-up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. groping trial date is set for April as judge says he will allow two more women who say he grabbed, licked and forcibly kissed them to testify against him
- Love Island's Ellie Brown 'hated' Michael Griffiths because he started dating just DAYS after their split, despite claiming he was 'head over heels'
- Harry Dunn's furious family hit out at 'indefensible' US decision to block Anne Sacoolas' deportation in 'dark day for the special relationship' as Dominic Raab slams 'denial of justice'
- Heartbroken parents blast NHS Trust as coroner rules death of their week-old baby at scandal-hit hospital where doctors refused to work weekend shifts was 'wholly avoidable'
- Prince Andrew heads home early from Christmas Day church service to look after Prince Philip at Sandringham after Prince Charles showed his support by stepping out with his younger brother amid Epstein scandal
- Traveling during Tet not a good idea: expats
- PETER MCKAY: Let's not bleat each time Kate's smile slips
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
Time to return to the good old days have 408 words, post on www.jpost.com at June 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.