The 2018 World Cup in Russia will have plenty of outstanding attackers and that means that the race to win the Golden Boot award will be fiercer than ever. Players from the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, Spain and so on, are all looking to hit form at the right time. ARGENTINA The favourite to win the award has to be Lionel Messi, the Golden Boot winner at club level for this past season. The 30-year-old scored 45 goals in all competitions for Barcelona and he will be vital in Argentina’s hopes of winning their first World Cup since 1986. BRAZIL The Selecao are the favourites to win the competition, according to the bookmakers, and Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar is the figurehead of the team. He was able to score 28 goals in 30 games for PSG and, if not for his injury, he would have made those figures even more spectacular. Alongside Neymar is 21-year-old striker Gabriel Jesus, who scored 24 goals for Manchester City last season. PORTUGAL The third favourite to win the Golden Boot award is Cristiano Ronaldo. Having put his Real Madrid future to one side for the moment, the 33-year-old is fully focused on having… Read full this story
- Twitter Names the Top Female Athletes of 2019
- Reporting on the 2019 Women's World Cup: 'It was a turning point'
- Ronaldo scripts unwanted personal record at Real
- Thomas Broich wins A-League's Johnny Warren medal for a second time
- Prince’s Unearthed ‘Originals’: Collaborators Look Back on the Hits He Passed Along
- The Seattle Seahawks: 365 Days as Champions
The most competitive Golden Boot in history have 250 words, post on www.marca.com at June 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.