Russian President Vladimir Putin is expected to kick off an official visit to China on Friday and take part in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit to be held in the Chinese coastal city of Qingdao on June 9-10. This will be the first meeting between Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping after their reelections as heads of states earlier this year, respectively. In addition to geopolitical alignment on international issues such as the nuclear crisis on the Korean peninsula, economic cooperation projects have always topped the agenda of the meetings between Putin and Xi. Several major energy projects, such as the Power of Siberia Gas Pipeline that is expected to supply Russian gas to China, were finalized after official meetings between the two leaders. © AP Photo / Andy WongRussia Considers China’s ‘One Belt, One Road’ Initiative Important, PromisingRussian Deputy Prime Minister Yury Trutnev said on Wednesday that Putin and Xi are expected to discuss the issue of developing Primorye-1 and Primorye-2 international transport corridors, which can offer Northeast China access to the sea through Russian ports such as Vladivostok. Illusions About Each Other However, for Russia and China to expand the scope of economic cooperation and move beyond the traditional field of energy projects, both sides need to improve their mutual understanding of the real business environment in both nations and eradicate some serious misconceptions about one another, political analysts suggested. “The first question we have to push forward is… Read full this story
- Singapore welcomes China's interest in deepening economic cooperation with Asia-Pacific countries: FM
- Interview: Singapore welcomes China's interest in deepening economic cooperation with Asia-Pacific countries: FM
- After U.S. Talks Turn Tense, China Turns to Russia to 'Advance Cooperation'
- Interview: Russia, China set example on how to build relations, says Lavrov
- Xi: China, Russia to deepen cooperation
- GLOBALink | Russia, China set example on how to build relations: Russian FM
- Xinhua Commentary: Man-made obstacles to China-U.S. economic cooperation must be overcome
- Man-made obstacles to China-US economic cooperation must be overcome
- March 15-21: PM hosts Vietnam-ASEAN Economic Cooperation Development Association delegation
- ‘Bad News For The Free World’: Iran, China Ink Cooperation Agreement For 25 Years
Russia-China Economic Cooperation Needs Deeper Mutual Understanding - Analysts have 348 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 6, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.