Illustrative photo (Photo: gialai.gov.vn) Gia Lai (VNA) – The Fondation Botnar and the Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP) have jointly launched a project on traffic safety in two elementary schools in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai. The targeted schools are Phan Dang Luu Elementary School in Bien Ho commune and Nguyen Luong Bang Elementary School in Thang Loi Ward, Pleiku city. A conference on the implementation of the project was held by Gia Lai province’s Traffic Safety Board and the Asia Injury Prevention Foundation (AIPF) on June 28. The project aims to ensure traffic safety around schools in Pleiku city by upgrading traffic infrastructure and improving public awareness of this issue. Pleiku has 31 elementary schools with nearly 24,000 pupils, who are dropped off and picked up by their parents. Traffic jams often occur at school gates as the schools are located on main streets. According to Vietnam’s National Traffic Safety Committee, traffic accidents kill about 1.3 million people and injure 50 million others each year, causing losses worth 500 billion USD. The Vietnam-Germany Transport Research Centre reported that the number of child fatalities in accidents in Vietnam was 20 per 100,000, nearly three times higher than other countries in the Association… Read full this story
- Interactive toolkit poised to help update sport in schools
- Ensuring business safety
- Stephen Colbert Helps Raise $800K For Schools
- How hospitals can help ensure the security of IoT devices
- Amazon Inspire Aims to Help Teachers and Underfunded School Districts
- Proposed standard helps ease traffic burden
- Got Privacy? Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Will Help Ensure It.
- Help Your Child Overcome School Stress
- TechRepublic's new BYOD Policy helps IT stem safety problems
- SAP, Siemens hope for German Web 3.0 project help
Project helps ensure traffic safety at schools in Gia Lai have 271 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.