US President Donald Trump is expected to hold a meeting with Russian leader Vladimir Putin in Europe in July, The Washington Post said, citing “a senior administration official and two diplomats familiar with his schedule.” “President Trump is expected to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin next month while he is in Europe for a NATO summit,” the newspaper wrote. “In a nod to those plans, Trump told reporters on Friday that ‘it’s possible’ he would meet with Putin this summer,” The Washington Post added. NATO is expected to hold a summit in Brussels on July 11-12. According to the newspaper, Trump’s “interest in a meeting with Putin became public in March after the Kremlin disclosed that Trump extended an invitation in a phone call with the Russian leader. But US officials say Trump privately has been asking his aides for a bilateral meeting ever since he met with Putin in Vietnam in November on the sidelines of a multilateral economic summit.” “After that meeting, the president said he wanted to invite Putin to the White House,” a US official said as cited by The Washington Post. “We ignored it,” the official added. The newspaper also said that “at the… Read full this story
- Comments for : Windows Phone 8 hits Europe this weekend, US later in November
- NEWS BRIEF Microsoft To Meet with EU Appeals Judge on July 27
- Russia: Putin says world affairs 'cannot but cause anxiety'
- Budapest autumn: hollowing out democracy on the edge of Europe
- Putin hosts meeting of Moscow-dominated economic alliance
- Sony rumored to be delivering Windows Phone handsets in July
- Alfie Evans' parents to meet doctors in bid to take him home
- Greece races to meet bailout demands as inspectors return
- Windows 10 hits 700 million active devices
- Putin: New weapons will maintain Russia's might for decades
News.Az — Your Window to the RegionTrump to meet with Putin in Europe in July have 292 words, post on news.az at June 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.