NASA is set to make a major announcement about what its Curiosity Rover has found on Mars this week. The findings are being kept under lock and key but all will be revealed during a live press conference at 9am on Thursday. The car-sized exploration vehicle, which landed on the red planet in August 2012, sent back stunning snaps of its dusty landscape earlier this year. They included an impressive panorama, taken from high up on the Vera Rubin Ridge, which shows more than 30 miles of its landscape. Curiosity, NASA’s longest running rover, has travelled more than 28 miles since it landed back in 2004. The rover has proved to be a treasure trove of stunning Martian images, sending back over 224,000 snaps since it first arrived on the red planet. It’s currently exploring the Perseverance Valley – where the new pictures were taken – a giant channel which scientists claim was carved by running liquid. In September, the rover found key evidence which suggested life may have existed on the desolate planet. The discover of boron, a key ingredient for life, was a huge boost in the hunt for extraterrestrials. It could back up a theory suggesting life on Mars… Read full this story
- Sharapova set to make 'major announcement'
- Big news on train ticket cancellation and fare refund! Railway ministry makes major announcement
- Sean McVay won’t make an announcement on starting QB this week
- Buzz Aldrin says NASA is going about Mars exploration the wrong way
- U.S. Washington governor announces one-week extension of restrictions amid surging pandemic
- COVID-19: Health Minister Harsh Vardhan makes big announcement about dry run for vaccination
- Zara Tindall is pregnant with third child as husband Mike makes sweet announcement
- Meghan Markle pregnancy odds slashed by bookies who are convinced she's about to make big announcement
- ‘Centre should make clear announcement regarding free Covid-19 vaccine to all’: Gehlot
- NASA launches next Mars rover: Everything you need to know about Perseverance
NASA to make major announcement about Mars this week – so what has it found? have 315 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.