The Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang aims to mobilise 9.5 billion USD for socio-economic development by 2020 and 45 billion USD by 2030.
The adjusted target was recently approved by the PM as part of a master plan to 2020 and towards 2030 for the province.
KienGiang targets becoming a well-developed locality and a transportation and tourism service destination in the Mekong Delta, and a development hub of the southern key economic region.
The province aims for an average Gross Regional Domestic Product (GRDP) of 7.5-8 per cent per year by 2020.
Also, the province is striving to improve quality of transport services, while promoting its advantageous geographical location and natural conditions of the province.
The province has so far this year attracted 41 FDI projects from 19 countries and territories with a total registered capital of $1.44 billion, of which 37 per cent has been disbursed. — VNA
- Kien Giang targets 9.5 billion USD for socio-economic development by 2020
- Implement the policies for socio-economic development of the Mekong Delta region
- Kien Giang to host investment promotion conference
- Kien Giang province to attract investment
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 14/6
- Phu Quoc island invests in six power works
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 30/12
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 23/1
- Sparkle of Hanoi 5-star hotels begin to wane