According to the province’s steering board of ocean encroachment project, two ocean encroachment sections have formed in Rach Gia bay with total area of 520 hectare.
Of the projects, Rach Gia project kicked off in 1999 as per the Prime Minister’s decision in the area of 420 hectare and the 100 hectare northwest section kicked off in 2015 plus a 16 hectare natural alluvial ground.
The Rach Gia project has been location of 60,000 people and construction of administrative section, headquarter, hospitals and schools.
Phu Cuong Company was given 160 hectare in the project to build new urban with infrastructure , houses, village, parks. Kien Giang Construction Consultation Company was assigned to build public works, commercial centers, and resettlement houses in the northwest section.
By VINH THUAN – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Kien Giang province recovers protective forests
- Controversy shrouds proposed Kien Giang Province power plants
- Kien Giang province calls for investment in 81 projects
- Sea and Islands of Kien Giang Province
- Phu Quoc – a jade island in Kien Giang province
- Kien Giang Province: Firm Steps on Integration Road
- Kien Giang Province Attracting more Investment
- Exploring Ha Tien Township in Kien Giang Province
- World’s longest sea cable car route launched in Kien Giang province